The following are the Buckingham Recreational Facilities Association & State of Michigan Rules for Public Swimming Pools. Please review these rules with your family and any guests who will accompany you. They exist for the safety of all who use the pool.
- Swim at your own risk. Life guards are NOT on duty
- Only residents whose dues are PAID-IN-FULL each year will be able to use the facilities
- Please show identification (Michigan ID or High School ID) to the attendant and sign in each time you enter the pool enclosure.
- EVERYONE MUST SHOWER before entering the pool.
- Members using OIL, TANNING LOTIONS, etc. , MUST SHOWER BEFORE RE-ENTERING THE POOL!!! These OILS or TANNING LOTIONS DAMAGE OUR SAND FILTRATION SYSTEM.
- WALK. (No running or rough play around the pool area.)
- NO INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE will be tolerated. PLEASE be respectful to all.
- NO DIVING, RUNNING, JUMPING or SPINNING into the pool.
- NO GUM or FOOD allowed in the pool area. Food is allowed outside of pool in picnic area or on grass only. Dispose of all trash in the designated receptacles.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DISPOSABLE DIAPERS. All children not toilet trained must wear a regulation swim diaper that fits snugly at the waist and legs. This swim attire must be provided by parent or guardian.
- NO BARRETTES, HAIR PINS or JEWELRY may be worn into the pool. Pony tail elastics are acceptable.
- Parent(s), guardian(s) or care giver(s) must accompany young children at all times in pool area.
- Children coming alone MUST carry and present a HIGH SCHOOL photo ID.
- Young Children are not to be left unsupervised for any reason. It is strongly recommended that all children under the age of four (4) be accompanied by an adult while in the pool.
- The following “PLAY” articles NOT ALLOWED in pool area:
- Dolls with hair
- Scuba gear and inflatable toys (i.e. inner tubes and rafts)
- Boogie boards
- “PLAY” articles that are “ALLOWED” in the pool area:
- Water Wings
- Coast Guard approved life vests.
- Only radios and/or iPods with headphones are permitted within the pool area.
- Pool furniture is only to be used in pool area. All pool furniture is the property of Buckingham Recreational Association.
- GUEST POLICY (Members): All guests must be accompanied by a resident homeowner. There shall be no more than four (4) guests allowed per household at any one time. The use of other members to sign-in guests over six (6) IS NOT ALLOWED!
- NO SMOKING allowed inside the pool enclosure.
- NO PETS are allowed on property for the health and safety of our patrons.
- The Buckingham Recreational Association reserves the right to close the pool at any time due to inclement weather, biohazard, and/or any other reason that poses a threat to any person using the pool area.
- If for whatever reason an attendant is not present, the pool will be closed.
The Buckingham Recreational Association has the authority to enforce any written or unwritten rule that will ensure the safety or enjoyment of our patrons.
ANY PATRON NOT COOPERATING AND/OR NOT OBSERVING ALL RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
THE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE RULES AT ANYTIME.